We are often encouraged by how many people are praying for our family and our endeavors. So, we thought we would have a tab with just updated prayer requests:
Things we Always Need Prayer For:
- Pray that the Lord would raise up hundreds of translators within our lifetime so that the remaining ~200 languages in Cameroon would have access to the Scriptures. Pray that every single person in Cameroon would have access to a Bible they can understand.
- Pray that the Lord would use our ministry to mobilize many into missions.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit would bless his Word and cause multitudes to worship Christ.
- Pray that the Lord would grant us remarkable intelligence as we learn languages and translate His Word.
- Pray we would be led by, empowered by, and full of the Holy Spirit as we translate and share the Gospel.
- Pray that all of our children would be saved young and that they would make “our ministry” their own. That our home would serve as a training center so that they can be sent out to do Kingdom work.
- Pray that we would be characterized by this kind of love towards those inside and those outside of our home: 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 “Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.”
- For physical safety in Cameroon (especially on the roads) and that we’d be kept from sickness and disease.
- That the Lord would grant us long lives so that we could see the entire Bible translated from Genesis to Revelation.
Current Prayer Requests (as of Auguest 2019):
Be praying that…
Zoey. Since we saw such success in your prayers for Makyra, we thought it would be appropriate to ask for prayers for Zoey. Over the last year we have seen a change in Zoey. If you could pray that she would be open to correction and love peace. If you would like more specifics, please email Stacey.
Translation. Pray for wisdom as we decide which books of the Bible to start with. Specifically, we have grown more and more convinced at the need for the Old Testament to properly understand the New. However, we feel like we need more Hebrew training in order to do a faithful job. Please pray that we would make wise decisions as we think through this.
Literacy. As mentioned above, translation without literacy is fruitless. We long for every Kwakum person to be able to read the Bible. Please pray that Kwakum men, women, and children would be excited to learn how to read.
Praise God for…
|Makyra. Last time we sent out a newsletter, we asked specifically for prayer for Makyra. Certain of you emailed us for specific prayer requests. We are thankful to say that the Lord has answered your prayers above and beyond what we thought possible. Makyra has gone from a hateful, discontent, angry little girl to someone who is thoughtful, loving, and thankful. Nothing has changed in our parenting or in her life’s circumstances. The Lord has simply heard our prayers and yours. Thank you for praying and glory be to God.|
Coworkers. God has really blessed us with amazing Kwakum people to work with. We have been blessed over and over by their hard work and encouraging attitude. Praise the Lord for his grace to us in this area.
Finally! Praise God also for all of the work, support, and answers to prayers that allowed us to arrive at this point. We started pursuing missions 14 years ago and we are finally going to be translating God’s Word. We could not do this without his sustaining our lives, or without the support of his church.
Check out our Newsletters page to keep up with prayer requests and events.
Also, see all of our blogs that call for prayer HERE.
I created a folder (HERE) with various prayer cards including:
- Our family prayer card
- Prayer cards for each of the people groups in Cameroon that do not have any of the Scriptures in their language (note: the people in the photos are not from the tribes listed)
- Prayer cards specific to Kwakum people.
Here are the prayer cards for specific Kwakum people that I made up: