Whelp, today I finished all of the required classwork for the Certificate of Applied Linguistics at GIAL! This means I have all of the training I need for us to move to Cameroon! We have come so far! Thank you so much for praying for me as I went through the program. I was often studying into the early morning and waking up early for class. It was exhausting and exciting and I could not have done it without your prayers and God’s grace.
But we are not done yet. We will have 5 weeks off and then Stacey will start working on the certificate in July. AND they extended the program from 20 weeks to 28 weeks, so Stacey will be in school into March 2013. So, here is our current tentative timeline for the future:
- January – June 2012 — Dave: Certificate of Applied Linguistics (DONE!)
- June 15 – July 7 — Goodbyes to California friends and family
- July 10-13 — Goodbyes to Oklahoma friends and family
- July 18 – Dec 13 — Stacey: First 20 weeks of the Certificate
- Dec 14 – Jan 7, 2013 — Goodbyes to Colorado friends and family
- Jan 8 – March 7 — Stacey: Last 8 weeks of the Certificate
- March 8 – April 14 — Pack, Louisville Goodbyes, Visit World Team HQ (PA)
- April 15 — FLY TO CAMEROON!!!!!!!
Prayer Requests for this time:
- While Stacey is completing the Certificate, I will pretty much be a single dad (the Certificate is A TON of work). Please pray for grace and pray that it would be a really neat time of bonding with the kids and that I would not go crazy.
- Pray that God would give Stacey the grace to be able to understand the fire hose of data that she will be taught at GIAL.
- Pray that everything that needs to happen between now and April 2013 would happen: Visas for Cameroon, Packing (we have to ship most of our stuff in the Fall), plane tickets, goodbyes, etc.
- Pray that God would be preparing people in Cameroon for his Word!