We are often encouraged by how many people are praying for our family and our endeavors. So, we thought we would have a tab with just updated prayer requests:
Things we Always Need Prayer For:
- Pray that the Lord would raise up hundreds of translators within our lifetime so that the remaining ~200 languages in Cameroon would have access to the Scriptures. Pray that every single person in Cameroon would have access to a Bible they can understand.
- Pray that the Lord would use our ministry to mobilize many into missions.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit would bless his Word and cause multitudes to worship Christ.
- Pray that the Lord would grant us remarkable intelligence as we learn languages and translate His Word.
- Pray we would be led by, empowered by, and full of the Holy Spirit as we translate and share the Gospel.
- Pray that all of our children would be saved young and that they would make “our ministry” their own. That our home would serve as a training center so that they can be sent out to do Kingdom work.
- Pray that we would be characterized by this kind of love towards those inside and those outside of our home: 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 “Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.”
- For physical safety in Cameroon (especially on the roads) and that we’d be kept from sickness and disease.
- That the Lord would grant us long lives so that we could see the entire Bible translated from Genesis to Revelation.
Current Prayer Requests (as of April 2019):
Be praying that…
- we would understand how the Kwakum tell stories so we can make the Bible as understandable as possible for them.
- reading and writing manuals would be ready for publication by June.
- the Lord would bring faithful, teachable, humble men and women to work with us on Oral Bible Storying
- that the Lord would save our children – Makyra, Elias, and Zoey (a helpful prayer guide for missionary children is found HERE).
- the Lord would save Mami, that she would repent of sin, and see Jesus as her greatest treasure.
- we would continue to grow in our language ability.
- the Lord would provide a competent, hard-working intern to work on the Kwakum dictionary.
- there would be peace in the anglophone region of Cameroon.
Praise God for…
- the Kwakum writing system is finalized and accepted by the community! (Click HERE to see a draft of the write up for the Kwakum orthography)
- the Kwakum literacy and translation center!
- the women that are interested in hearing the Word of God each morning!
- our faithful, helpful, servant-hearted homeschool teacher, Hunter!
Check out our Newsletters page to keep up with prayer requests and events.
Also, see all of our blogs that call for prayer HERE.
I created a folder (HERE) with various prayer cards including:
- Our family prayer card
- Prayer cards for each of the people groups in Cameroon that do not have any of the Scriptures in their language (note: the people in the photos are not from the tribes listed)
- Prayer cards specific to Kwakum people.
Here are the prayer cards for specific Kwakum people that I made up: