Things we Always Need Prayer For:
- Pray that the Lord would raise up hundreds of translators within our life-time so that the remaining ~200 languages in Cameroon would have access to the Scriptures. Pray that every single person in Cameroon would have access to a Bible they can understand.
- Pray that the Lord would use our ministry to mobilize many into missions.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit would bless his Word and cause multitudes to worship Christ.
- Pray that the Lord would grant us remarkable intelligence as we learn languages and translate His Word.
- Pray we would be led by, empowered by, and full of the Holy Spirit as we translate and share the Gospel.
- Pray that all of our children would be saved young and that they would make “our ministry” their own. That our home would serve as a training center so that they can be sent out to do Kingdom work.
- Pray that we would be characterized by this kind of love towards those inside and those outside of our home: 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 “Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.”
- For physical safety in Cameroon (especially on the roads) and that we’d be kept from sickness and disease.
- That the Lord would grant us long lives so that we could see the entire Bible translated from Genesis to Revelation.
Current Prayer Requests: As of August 2018:
Pray With Us
- Pray for our health. Please pray that the Lord would sustain our health so that we might minister to those who are sick and do the work of translation.
- Pray for peace in Cameroon. There is both terrorism going on in the Extreme North and civil unrest in the Northwest and Southwest Regions.
- Pray that our language ability would return. Pray that we would remember the French and Bakoum we learned on our first term.
- Pray that our family would work as a team to be able to live, stay healthy, and thrive in Africa.
- Pray that we would be given a supernatural ability to hear and speak the tones of the language well.
- Pray that the Lord would guide us in what to translate first (stories from the Old Testament? Gospels? etc)
Praise With Us (Aug 2018)
- That we returned to our village to find our neighbors cleaning our house and cutting our lawn in anticipation of our return (we are so blessed!)
- That we are happy to be back in Cameroon and excited to get the work started
Check out our Newsletters page to keep up with prayer requests and events.
Also, see all of our blogs that call for prayer HERE.
Here is a list of people groups in Cameroon that do not have a single word of the Bible in their language. If you click on a name, it will bring up a printable prayer card for that people group. Note, the people in the pictures are not from that people group.
I created a folder (HERE) with various prayer cards including:
- Our family prayer card
- Prayer cards for each of the people groups in Cameroon that do not have any of the Scriptures in their language (note: the people in the photos are not from the tribes listed)
- Prayer cards specific to Kwakum people.
Here are the prayer cards for specific Kwakum people that I made up: