As we start this new year, we want to start it with a very visible demonstration of our dependence on the Lord. Therefore, our translation team will be taking the day of Tuesday, February 2nd to pray for the Lord to bless our work in translation in 2021.
We are looking for about 12 people who will VIDEO CALL with our team and pray over team of translators. If you are interested, please signup using the link below (if you would rather not put your info on the spreadsheet simply write ‘TAKEN’ on the time slot and email email@example.com).
The Prayer Guide discusses specifics about the video call and time of prayer.
For those who are willing to PRAY AT HOME on their own, please see the Prayer Guide (linked above) for ideas on how to pray or you can pray the following:
- Pray that God will help our translation team to have a crystal clear understanding of the Gospel.
- Pray that this work that we are all doing will be an outpouring of an expression of love for God, done for his glory. (1 Cor 10:31)
- Pray that we would work hard for the Lord and not for men. (Col 3:23-24)
- that our team would be motivated and characterized by love. (1 Cor 13:1-7)
- Pray that our team would be characterized by a quickness to hear, a slowness to speak, and a slowness to anger in our interactions with one another. (James 1:19)
- Pray that God would give us abundant wisdom in all domains relating to translation: wisdom in the writing system, in translation decisions, in promoting the translation to the community, in leading our translation team. (James 1:5)
- Pray that God would abundantly bless the work of our hands. That we will produce an excellent translation that is clear, faithful to the original text, not unnecessarily offensive to the community (outside of the message itself), and is in natural, easy-to-understand Kwakum. (Psalm 90:17)
- Pray that the Lord would cause all that we do, whether that be evangelism, discipleship, literacy, translation, storying, or whatever to be successful. That he would bless our work like he blessed the work of Joseph. (Gen 39:3)
- Pray that as we and our team translate the Word, that we would apply it to our lives and be changed by it. (James 1:22)
- Pray that as we and our team translate the Word, we would constantly be putting to death in us that which does not honor the Lord. (Col 3:5-11)
- Pray that the Word of Christ would dwell in the hearts of the Kwakum. (Col 3:16)
- Pray that there would continue to be a spirit of excitement among the Kwakum about learning to read and write so that they would be able to read the Bible as it comes out.
- Pray that the Kwakum would worship Jesus in Spirit and in truth and not naively accept every wind of doctrine that blows their way. That they would be a people who are biblically literate and discerning.
- Pray that the Kwakum would worship and praise God forever.